Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Catching Up!

Bert and Shilo and I took a hike up table rock.  Once you get to the top, you are right there by the top of the Tetons, it is beautiful.  Here is a panorama that I took looking off the other side.  We went up the face of the trail....not the best idea ever, but you can't say they didn't warn you.  There was a sign that said  "Very steep, not maintained, not recommended"  but dumb us, we did it anyway, and yes, it was very steep, and no, I would not recommend it!  Needless to say, we made it to the top...I was dripping with sweat, and Bert was just laughing at me and Shilo!  It was a great day though and worth all the effort to get to the top!






At the Top of Table Mountain
This rock chuck at the top of table rock, was a little too friendly!  As soon as we sat down to picnic he came right over and started stealing our food, so then we decided to share with him.  He did make me a little nervous and he licked my leg!  Good thing he didn't bite me!
This is Bert and Shilo with table rock in the distance....almost there!

On the way down we went down the backside and had to cross over 3 streams.  I killed my feet!  So this was the last crossing and I just went through with my shoes on, and was able to get these pics of Bert and Shilo

Towards the top of our hike with the Tetons in the back

No comments: