Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend Gregs family came to stay with us. Jeff had the whole weekend off so it was great to be able to spend time with them. Rachel's sister sarah came with them too. Here are some random pictures of the weekend.


This is Sarah and Andrew. Andrew thought Sarah was pretty great because she showed him how to put on make up. He threw a fit when we tried to wipe it off later that day.


This is just a little side note, but my garden is in and it is actually coming up, we'll see if it actually produces anything. We have peas, onions, lettuce, carrots, bell peppers, banana peppers, pumpkins, cantaloup, cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, and corn. We'll let you know if it actually produces anything edible.


So memorial day was the big Bolder Boulder 10K here in Boulder Colorado. Debra was nice enough to be our designated driver....for drop off purposes. Every one was pretty happy about their times...except Rachel who just ran a marathon last weekend and qualified for boston. Her knee hurt pretty bad. Jesse commented and said she must have really been hurt if Greg beat her! As for me, my pony tail holder broke right at the starting line, there's nothing like running while trying to tie a knot in your pony tail holder! Hee hee, I guess if that was the most of my worries it was great!

Debra, Nicki, me, Bert


Bert, Nicki, me, Greg, Rachel, & Sarah





We all couldn't be entertained without a little bit of Rock Band....okay, it was a lot of rock band!










Okay, another little side note...I found this great old road bike at a garage sale and I'm going to fix it up. I've been wanting to do a triathlon, so I'm starting to get into the whole biking thing. So we'll see how this project goes. Jeff just thinks I'm crazy and shakes his head!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love it! I love that race, and am glad you enjoyed it. Let me know how the whole tri-athalon goes. Your bike looks awesome!

Tara said...

Oh I have the most amazing inlaws! I love the picture of you and Rachel you guys are beautiful!